Wednesday 29 September 2010

Ten Questions with Boy George

In this 10 questions with I've been lucky enough to get pop-star and DJ extraordinary Boy George to consent to be interviewed. 
We tried a new (for me) method this time and used Twitter for the Q&A.  Sadly this isn't a very good medium for an interview as neither of us could give any depth to our comments in 140 characters and other followers and friends were posting so it was easy to miss a question or answer.  anyway no more excuses here's what I've got.

Waylander101: How are things with you now George?

Boy George: Wonderful, I have a few days off and that's always a luxury!

 Waylander101: I watched the docu/drama, Worried About The Boy, about your early years on the BBC, how close to reality is it?

Boy George:  It had many holes but it was stylish, they got that right but my dad spoke cockney not Irish!
I like Doug (Booth) as me and Matt Horne as Jon (Moss), it was quite uncanny how Matt pulled it off!

 Waylander101: I remember seeing Culture Club for the first time on Top of the Pops singing 'Do you Really Want to Hut Me?' back in 1982 and thought wow she's hot only to see "Boy"; was the androgyny deliberate?

 Boy George: It was me experimenting, I learnt to confuse but it took time, then I turned into a rugby player!

Unfortunately that’s as far as we got as I had work to do and was getting a little frustrated with the lack of depth Twitter offers this kind of thing.  I think I may have upset George by asking him mid interview if we could switch to email.  I hope not too badly as George is one of my top ten targets for these interviews.  So, if you do see this George please get in touch so we can finish this.  I would love to know about the rugby player! 


Still no-one set up for next week so if you, dear reader, can suggest someone; or better still actually get someone to commit I will be forever in your debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment