Friday 26 February 2021

Review: Rivers of London: The Fey and the Furious

Rivers of London Volume 8: The Fey and the Furious
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rivers of London: The Fey and the Furious is the eighth collected volume of the Rivers of London comic book. This volume is made up of four issues of the comic book.

Set immediately after Lies Sleeping, The Fey and the Furious begins with DC Peter Grant still on suspension from the Met and a young Essex boy racer found dead in a Dutch dyke (No... stop it! Filthy mind you have!) with cargo of illicit produce in his boot. Peter and the Muslim Ninja, Sahra Guleed, are despatched off to Essex to infiltrate local street racing rings. Things soon take a turn for the "weird bollocks" when the race route goes through fairyland...

I want to start this review with my congratulations on the pun title, great work, now stop it or I'm calling the police. This story only missing a Vin Diesel character to be The Fast and the Furious with fairies and I love it. This one has just the right balance of call backs and returning characters to give the new thing a place to breathe. Beverley Brook is also given more to do in this than just being Peter's girlfriend (I know she gets more of a role in the main series) which is good.

I know I've said this before for others in the series but this one really is the best one so far. Read it, read it now!



No comments:

Post a Comment