Wednesday 24 February 2021

Review: Rivers of London: Body Work

Rivers of London: Body Work
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ever wonder what would happen if Christine ended up in a breakers yard?

Ever wondered just how Constable Guleed got involved with the Folly (or "weird bollocks" as our friend DCI Alexander Seawoll would say)?

Well wonder no longer for all this and more is in Rivers of London: Body Work

Rivers of London: Body Work is the collected volume of the five part comic series and fills in some (oh I hate this word) lore or background in a short side story.

The art work in this volume is delightful as is the main story. I particularly liked the Tales From the Folly shorts at the end where we're treated to some very funny stuff

I think the comic book / graphic novel format suits Rivers of London very well for these shorter tales and as I've mentioned the art style here is perfect for the tone. All in all this (and I'm assuming the other volumes) are maybe not essential to fans of Peter Grant but they are a delightful addition filling in a few gaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment